June 26, 2010

of Montreal's new album: False Priest

of Montreal's new album, False Priest, is set to release in September 14. I've been excited for this album since the beginning of this year, of Montreal being one of my all-time favorites. I'm more of a fan of their earlier stuff (Cherry Peel, The Bedside Drama), but their slight change in sound and newer albums have also been incredible (Satanic Panic, Sunlandic Twins, Hissing Fauna) and I don't expect any less from this new album.



The LP is up for pre-order already and here is the cover art:



Insaaaaane graphic designed by Kevin Barnes's brother, David Barnes, and Kevin's wife Nina Barnes.

The single "Coquet Coquette" is also up for download and here is the video. It sounds a little heavier than their normal sound, as Kevin said in the Pitchfork article that the album has a "strong R&B influence".

It can downloaded for free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment