July 23, 2010

Best Coast - Crazy For You (2010)

apologies for the crappy resolution

Here's the debut album by surf pop trio, Best Coast. Typically, I find it hard to enjoy most female singers because, honestly, I find it pretty hard to relate to a lot of what they sing about, although there are a few that I really enjoy. That being said, I think that Bethany Cosentino, singer of Best Coast, has some of the catchiest damn lyrics I have ever heard, and although her voice isn't what I would call beautiful, she fits the surf pop vibe perfectly. I love this album and I find it hard to keep the songs from making their way into that annoying playlist in my head that never shuts off. It really just puts me in a good mood, for whatever reason.

2 comments:

  1. good choice, who doesnt like songs about weed and boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to take the mediafire link down on this one, unfortunately. i'll post the link on the facebook page though

    ReplyDelete